How about some quick, simple, Raspberry Crumb Bars to satisfy that summer sweet tooth. Just in time for the season, this recipe from Country Living is the perfect cure for your sweet cravings It’s fruity, tasty and oh so satisfying.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 12 tbsp. (11/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tablespoon, sugar, divided
- 1/4 c. toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 (6-ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on two sides.
- Pulse together flour, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar in a food processor until a sandy texture forms, 10 to 12 times. Transfer 1/3 cup to a bowl, and fold in almonds and 1/2 cup oats. Squeeze together to form small clumps; chill.
- Add baking soda, salt, and remaining 1 cup oats to mixture in food processor. Pulse until incorporated, 12 to 15 times. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 14 to16 minutes.
- Mash together 1 container raspberries and remaining tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Spread over prebaked crust. Scatter remaining container raspberries and chilled crumb mixture on top.
- Bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan 30 minutes, then use overhang to transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have you tried these Raspberry Crumb Bars? How were they?