This recipe from The Simple Veganista is the perfect way to get pumped for your beach body journey. It’s a refreshing, delightful Spring time treat. It’s simple, quick and easy to make. Best of all, it taste great!
- 1 package (8 or 9 oz.) soba noodles
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 scallions (green onions), sliced, to garnish
- sesame seeds (toasted, black or white), to garnish
- handful cilantro sprigs, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- 2 – 3 tablespoons mellow miso paste (white miso)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water, + more as needed to thin
- 1 inch knob of ginger, grated or minced
- juice of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Noodles: Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse the soba noodles under cool running water (this helps them to not turn mushy!). (Note: If using 100% soba noodles, careful to watch the water after 2 minutes or so, it will start to become foamy and bubble over – turn the heat to medium and back up again as needed to keep the water at a boil but not boiling over.)
Miso Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the miso sauce ingredients together, set aside.
Assemble: Serve noodles in individual bowls with 1/3 cup each sugar snap peas, shredded carrots, cucumber, and red cabbage. Top with radishes, sliced scallions, sesame seeds, cilantro and lime wedges to squeeze over top. Drizzle dressing overtop and enjoy!
For more protein, add a serving of crispy tofu or edamame