This Epic Vegan Chocolote Chip Cookies recipe by Lemons & Sea Salt is divine. It’s just what you want in a classic sweet favorite. These cookies come out crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Simply delicious!
- 1/2 cup cold vegan butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the wet ingredients until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and sift out any lumps with a sifter or fork.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. *I find mixing with a wooden spoon is best. The mixing process may take some time but you’ll get there.
- Once fully combined, add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- On the greased baking sheet(s), roll the dough into evenly sized balls (check side note 2) and space them 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes and allow them to cool on a cooling rack or wait until they are 80-90% of the way cooled before plating them.
- If you don’t have cold butter on hand, refrigerate the cookie dough for roughly 20 minutes prior to baking.
- I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out my dough evenly.
- Cookies on dark baking sheets bake faster than light baking sheets so keep a close eye on any cookies baked on a dark baking sheet.
Have you tried this Epic Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe? If not, you don’t know what you’re missing!