Curry anyone? If you’re a fan of curry recipes then you’ll love this one. This No Effort Vegan Coconut Curry recipe by HurryTheFoodUp.com offers you every bit of the deliciousness of a conventional curry dish. It’s mouthwatering spicy deliciousness. Best of all it’s quick and easy to prepare using the simplist ingredients.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli (or use green beans)
- 1 spring onions
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrot
- ½ zucchini
- 2 sticks lemongrass
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste (or red for hotter, green for hottest!)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz = 435g, drained and rinsed)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lemon (juiced; lime works too!)
- If serving with rice, get that cooking now according to package instructions.
- Grate the sweet potato and the carrots.
- Chop the spring onion, broccoli, and zucchini.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and fry all the veg on a medium heat. This needs about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the curry powder and curry paste, and the beaten (smack it with a heavy spoon a few times to let out the flavour) lemongrass.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Stir and fry for another couple of minutes then add the coconut milk, chickpeas, lemon juice, maple syrup and salt. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Alright, that’s it. Take out the lemongrass. Serve with rice and top with roasted cashews or peanuts. Easy. Awesome.
Did you try this No Effort Vegan Coconut Curry recipe? How was it?