These tofu kabobs from ambitiouskitchen.com are EVERYTHING! The salty sweet fusion literally ignites the taste buds. Even better, you’ll likely already have most of the ingredients on hand.
- 2 tablespoons tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric)
- 1 (14 oz) package Nasoya extra firm tofu (or other brand of choice)
- 2 cups fresh cubed pineapple
- Fresh chopped cilantro, diced onion and hot sauce, to garnish
- Remove tofu from package, wrap with a paper towel and gently squeeze and pat to remove excess moisture. Cube the tofu into large 1 ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the tamari, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and turmeric. Whisk to combine. Add the tofu cubes and gently toss with your hands or a wooden spoon to coat them with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Once ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium high heat and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Thread the tofu and pineapple onto skewers, you should get about 8 skewers total. Grill for 10 minutes total, rotating every few minutes. Enjoy with fresh cilantro, green onion and hot sauce, if desired.